Is crawling and indexing a problem for you as a blogger? is so bad to write a post and not getting traffics and comments on it, i wrote a post recently on the meaning of blogging and things related to it so there you will see all things that are related to blogging.
- Read:- How To Buy Custom Domain On Namecheap
To crawl and index your posts on search engines like google, bing, yandex, you have to do some settings, some of this settings, they includes customizing the robots.txt files, Submitting sitemaps to all search engines and others.
Google, Bing And Yandex Search Engine Settings For Your Blog
Now let start,
you need to set your robots.txt file before you start submitting your sitemaps, i have a post for that so click here to configure your robots.txt file.
Submit Your Website to Google
Google is the king of the web. More than 63.9% of searches is based on Google. Unlike other search engines, to rank higher on the Google SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), just adding URL to Google isn’t enough.
The search engine ranking on Google depends on more than 200 factors. Generally Google crawls every site. So you don’t need to worry about the submission of your site to Google search engine. However it could take a one day, one week, one month or more for Google to index your website. Make sure before submitting your website to Google, you didn’t block Googlebot from crawling and indexing through robots.txt file.
So, here to how to submit your website to Google search engine.
- Login To Google Console Webmaster.
2. Then You Add Your Blog Url.
Then it will redirect you to where to copy html verification code, you will choose alternate method, then you click html tag there.
then You Copy
<meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”w4EQ3qqFVhHa01P8U9Q5q4xknx6aMKqcABlpfUN06vs” />
And paste it right above <head> On Your blog template or theme.
After then you click verify, then it will redirect you here.
Now you will click on any blog url of your choice.
then it will bring you it homepage, then you click crawl, then sitemap, This is where we are heading to.
Click on “Add/Test Sitemap” to submit your sitemap file. On the same page, then you put /sitemap.xml, then you click add sitemap. And for wordpress users who uses yoast, they should put /sitemap_index.xml, then add it.
That All, wait for 24hours and you will see google crawling your posts and images.
Submit Your Website to Bing
If you submitted your site to Google, other search engines also would crawl your site soon. But for Bing, it could take more time rather than Google take to crawl your site and rank it on Bing search results.
So you would submit your blog to Bing search engines to drive traffic quickly. By submitting website to Bing search engine, your site not only be able to drive search traffic from Bing but also from Yahoo search engine as Yahoo get results from Bing. If you want to submit URL to Yahoo and Bing search engines at once, follow this easy-to-follow steps.
If you want to add URL to Yahoo search engine and drive more search traffic, consider verifying your website with Bing webmaster tools. (more on that later at this tutorial)
- Visit this page: http://www.bing.com/docs/submit.aspx
- Now type the text shown in the box.
- Type your web site URL, example: http://www.mywebsite.com or http://mywebsite.com
- Click on ‘Submit URL’ button.
Submit Your Website to Yahoo!
Yahoo! is another popular search engine, which drives traffic to your site. Even though Yahoo gathers search results/indexed data from Bing search database, as its popularity, your website will receive a good amount of traffic from Yahoo after submitting website at Yahoo!.
Here’s how you can add your blog URL to Yahoo search engine to get more Yahoo search traffic.
- Go to the following link: http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
- Now click on “Submit Your Site Free” link.
- You will be redirected to the Bing webmaster tools. Follow its instructions and submit your website to Yahoo.
Submit Your Website to Baidu
Baidu is a Chinese based search engine. Baidu search engine allows you to submit your site to its search engine.
If you don’t submit your site to Baidu, it will take some time to get some traffic from Baidu.com. If you want to receive more traffic from China and Hong Kong, so the submitting website to Baidu search engine would be a crucial part of it.
Here’s how to add URL to Baidu search engine.
- Go to the following link: http://zhanzhang.baidu.com/sitesubmit/index[You can use the inbuilt translation feature of Google Chrome to translate Chinese text to English language or other available language]
- Just like adding URLs to Google, type your website URL in the space for URL address.
- Also enter the text shown in the captcha.
- To submit the URL to Baidu search engine, click on “Submit” button.
Submit Your Website to Yandex
Yandex is a Russian-based search engine. Yandex adds new websites to their database by crawling the web regularly. You can speed up this process for your site like you did for the Baidu search engine. The same process goes to Yandex as well.
Here to how to add URL to Yandex search engine.
- Go to the following link: http://webmaster.yandex.com/addurl.xml
- Type your website, blog URL in the text box which ask for the URL address.
- Fill out the captcha text in the text field.
- To submit your website to Yandex database, click on “Add” button.
Is it helpful? Do you really understand this? Are you getting traffic after doing this?
Don’t forget to share this to others