To ping your blog is very simple, I will tell you the ping sites or websites and how to do it, it is very simple.
You can be doing that whenever you write a post, it pings the search engines to know that you have a new post, for them to crawl and index it.
Each time you write a blog post(I mean after clicking Publish LOL), there are some things you need to do, they include sharing on facebook pages and groups, sending the post to people via email, and the last is pinging the search engines.
Ping sites will have an XML Sitemap that automatically updates itself and communicates new content to search engines like Google.
I’ll review what Ping is and how you can use to index your blog at a faster rate.
What Is Ping?
This makes me remember one of my tutors then, I asked, what is ping?.
His reply was
The Definition saw on google:
Ping is a protocol introduced by Dave Winer whereby a website can use XML to notify a remote server that there has been an update. Simply put, your website will “ping” another website to say that there’s something new to see. Typically, the other website is one that lists and aggregates blogs blog entries, making the content and blog status available to others.
In My Own Words:
Ping simply means to alert something or someone that I have done this thing.(You may not understand, it is a childish thinking).
Wait Let me ask Wikipedia:
Ping is a XML-RPC-based push mechanism by which a weblog notifies a server that its content has been updated. An XML-RPC signal is sent from the weblog to one or more “Ping Server(s)” (controlled by the weblog) to notify a list of their “Services” of new content on the weblog.
Wao, it seems am right with my thinking?(Lol).
Now, let me drive back to the post title for today(I am your driver).
8 Most Visited Ping Sites To Index Your Blog At A Faster Rate
There are blogs systems or sites like Technorati and WordPress that automatically pings the search engines when your website is updated. You just have to look for the Ping Service facilities of these systems to automatically ping your site.
For example, if you are using WordPress then this feature is built in and you have to get into the writing mode and simply choose the tab that says set. This is one of the reasons why WordPress is more superior than blogger.
if you are on blogger platform, you have to ping manually, but WordPress is automatically, does that hurt?
Read this guide on how to create self-hosted WordPress blog.
There is a post from shoutmeloud, that talk further about this, read from shoutmeloud.
I will give you the most trusted, visited and rated ping sites that can be use to ping your blog, after writing a post.
The Ping Sites are listed below:
- Pingomatic.com – This is a website that helps to update various search engines on the new content that has been added to your website. The website conducts regular checks to make sure that all the downstream services are legal.
- Twingly.com– Not only can you, is your blog indexed but you can follow the other bloggers to see what they are writing about.
- Totalping.com– As a user, you will get full support during setup, 24/7 technical support and most importantly it is very secure and reliable.
- Ping.in–This is a ping service that will notify or ping Weblog Services like the search engines that you have updated your blog. This enables the website to index your blog faster to make the content available for a bigger audience.
- Pingler.com– This website gives you premium services so that you are able to store URLs on your account. These URL’s will be pinged on a regular basis.
- Blogbuzzer: it submits your blog posts to a number of blog directories including blog catalogue, blog hub, blog intro, blog pulse, blog rolling, google blog search, negator etc.
- Googleping: In blogging, a ping is a XML-RPC-based push mechanism by which a weblog notifies another server that its content has been updated. To ping servers, an XML-RPC signal is sent, which can then generate a list of blogs that have new material. This is handful job for getting the content and web pages found by top search engines such as Google and Bing.
- AddUrl: Submit your websites to search engines with dedicated servers to ensure maximum uptime, privates proxies and no registration required.
Other Ping Sites Include
Benefit/Importance Of Pinging
There are many importance of pinging but the best reason is for fast crawling and indexing, and after crawling and indexing the next is to get organic traffic from search engines.
it also bring popularity because if you blog always appear on search engines and people are clicking it, and the posts are well written.
They will subscribe to your posts and tell others about it.
it also bring more income/revenue to the blogger, in blogging traffic=Money. so if the ping help you to make your post rank faster.
These are the best ping sites 2017 that will help you index your index your blog quickly. Therefore you have understood by now that how important it is to use ping sites for our blog.
With this, you will get your blog’s posts and pages crawl at the fastest rate.
Don’t forget to share this with others.